The Wonderful World of Accreditations (SMAS, CHAS & Constructionline)
SSIP itself is not an assessment scheme but an umbrella organisation for SSIP members such as SMAS, CHAS and Constructionline.
There are many!
Gaining SSIP Accreditation – what does it mean for your business?
• You have completed a Health and Safety assessment in according to core H&S criteria
• Having SMAS, CHAS or any other accreditations may be the difference between you being able to work for a particular contractor
• Gaining accreditations may offer you increased business opportunities
• You will need to demonstrate on an annual basis, through recorded evidence that you are carrying out core H&S criteria in order to renew accreditation(s)
Top Tips - How to make your annual SSIP renewal easy!
1. Keep all H&S documentation in your H&S file
2. Make sure your training matrix is up to date
3. Have an up to date H&S Policy with any recent legislation changes
4. Be able to demonstrate regular H&S communication with employees, subcontractors or any other staff e.g. temps
5. Carry out regular risk assessments and method statements
6. Sign and Date all evidence
7. Don’t forget to audit!
8. Avoid the headache of annual SSIP renewal
9. Contact Outsource Safety – we help clients complete 100’s of applications every year